Music File Editing App?

Last Updated:

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have 9 GB of music, most ripped from full abums I own. But the rest is in downloaded or copied songs. The problem is that these downloaded songs are sometimes misspelled, mislabled, the genre & other info isn't filled in at all, and or the album info is missing or incorrect.
    The result with a great audio player app like "3" (my favorite so far) is that I might have 35 Tom Petty songs, but because album info is missing on so many of them, the app has them dispersed among 22 different albums! Very annoying. (This happened after telling "3" to search for album art.) Then there's the "Unknown Atrist" catagory where I'll no doubt find another stray TP song, etc.

What I'm looking for is another app that gives me a GUI that allows me to edit all of the tag data for music files in my library. Preferably it should have a search function so that I could type in "Tom Petty", for example, and all songs by him would come up so I could comb through and edit data for each one I choose.

-This must be a fairly common problem, no?

Advertisement
  2. Psychokitty

...Bump?

3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Perhaps mp3tagger is what you're looking for. I've never tried it, but it sounds right.

4. Psychokitty

Fantastic! Thank you!
    Aside from the cool graphic of the cube with the album art, it really hasn't got much going for it.
    MixZing lite is pretty good. I may spring for the pro version, but it's pretty pricey. Not sure what he adds that justifies the 7 bucks he wants.