Music Files Doubling Up ????General

Last Updated:

1. ftm70

ftm70 New Member

Hi

I'am Having Problem With My Music Files Keep Doubling Up.

There Are 2 Of Every Music File I Have On Phone, 1 File Plays But The Other 1 Doesn't ???

Its Happened Before & The Only Way I Got Rid Of The Doubling Up Time Is To Factory Reset My Note,

Is There An Easier Way Of Doing This ????

Many Thanks Ftm ;-)

Advertisement
  2. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

Same thing happens to mine now and again, along with doubled up picture files in the gallery.

What I do is un-mount the micro SD card and re-mount it, this does the trick.

Why it happens I dont know.

Hope this helps.
    JunBringer likes this.
  3. ftm70

ftm70 New Member

Doh !!! As Easy As That Thank You...:D
  4. ftm70

ftm70 New Member

Now My Music Files x 5 , I've Unmounted , Mounted Sd Card Wiv No Joy It's Still Showing 5 x each music files grrrrr ?????

Help Needed ;-)
  5. Lord7

Lord7 New Member

What music player apps are you using?
    When i was using Rocket the same thing happened and my music doubled then tripled, i uninstalled Rocket and restarted the device.. Poof! all fixed.
  6. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

It only happened to mine in the stock Samsung music app. I'll be sure to unmount my card, thanks for your help folks!
  7. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

I've just noticed this for a couple of things after migrating to the Note 2.

Though there may be other causes I think it can happen if you mix and match copying via the phone and copying things to the card while it is out of the phone.

I also upgraded to a bigger, faster SD card and copied the contents of the old one on to it via a card reader.

If I copied a picture into an existing folder (Wallpaper was one) via the phone, either internally or via MPT then that folder would show twice. There would be a Walpaper folder showing all of the files and a Wallpaper folder showing only the new file and sporting a small SD card icon in the corner.

The solution full solution, if the problem persists, would then be to unmount the card and remove it. While dumping the contents onto a PC via a card reader force a media scan either with an app or by rebooting (I think plugging in the USB cable and unplugging it works too).

Once the contents are coppied delete them from the card then pop it back in the phone. Mount the card. Plug in the USB cable and put the contents back.
  8. rcheung28

rcheung28 Well-Known Member

If you happen to use a Mac to transfer the files, it creates a copy of the music as a hidden file with the name like ._MUSICNAMEBLAH.mp3. Try to look for hidden files on a PC. Heck, try looking for hidden files even if your Note has never touched a Mac. Maybe you'll find something.
  9. edlps

edlps Member

i had pictures and movie files doubling and tripling up on me and found some advice that worked, go to settings>applications>all>media storage>select clear data, then reboot your phone, it worked for me although i had to re-do all my ringtones cause they all reverted to the factory default
  10. irieone

irieone Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing. I made a new music folder move all my tunes to it and set my player to just scan that one folder and bam!! By the way I use power amp for my player and love it! Worth the little money it does cost.