1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Music Files Not Showing-UpGeneral

1. Ted1Jones

Ted1Jones Well-Known Member

I have loaded about 538 mp3 music files on the SD card in my Droid Eris. Only 50 were listed in the Music player. I deleted the files and copied them again to the card. Now, only 186 are listed in the Music player.

Am I missing a step or is the software screwed-up? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Same problem here. I'm using the drag and drop method and only about 100 of the songs are coming up.

I did a search and really didn't find any answers.

Thanks
  3. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

im sure u guys problem is the player.
    i would suggest tunewiki (free).
    almost as soon as i drag the song on my phone it shows in tunewiki (sometimes u have to give it a moment).
  4. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Well-Known Member

Yes, the HTC player gets confused pretty easily.

I dragged my entire iTunes lib over, and noticed that collections w/o filled-out info in Get Info (mp3s from CCMixter, for example) default to whatever the player can grasp to sort with. Unfortunately, once the player sorts it... it's in. If you see a misplaced or misnamed file, you have to delete it off the card, then edit its internal data on the original in iTunes, then bring it over again.

For me that's hundreds of songs. Not impressed with the stock music app. :(

Wouldn't be so bad, but it's also inconsistent. Sometimes on filename, others on file info.
  5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

6. Ted1Jones

Ted1Jones Well-Known Member

I deleted and reloaded (drag and drop) MP3 files a third time and HTC Music now lists 542 of 559. Guess it's time to try TuneWiki.
  7. Lumberharp

Lumberharp New Member

No updates on this thread in a while, but I'm having the same problem. I just dl'ed tunewiki and it also doesn't see the missing songs. I have deleted and re-added them and they're in the same format (M4P) as the songs that do appear. Anybody got any ideas?
  8. Lumberharp

Lumberharp New Member

also I get format not supported in tunewiki when I try to open one of these from astro file manager.
  9. Lumberharp

Lumberharp New Member

I guess if anybody reads this they will see the brain of a noob at work. turns out these are the only m4p files. dang music format alphabet soup! going to convert them to mp3 and that should do it.
  10. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

What I've found that works for me is to open the player, change to where it shows the list of songs, tell it to shuffle and play all songs. After it starts the first song you can go back to the song list, they should all be showing at that point. Not sure why, but any time I've added new songs to my phone (I drag and drop) I have to go through this process for it to recognize them.
  11. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Well, if I'd read though to the end of the thread I'd have found you worked it out yourself. Oh well, maybe it'll help the next person... :)
  12. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

Use doubletwist!
  13. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I've been using the 3 (cubed) music player for awhile now. The other day I opened it up and all the sudden it was just showing like 4 or 5 of the over 100 song I had. I opened up the stock music player and they were there, just not showing in 3. I really liked the 3 app, it's cool, so I rebooted the phone to see if they would come back and that didn't work. I finally dumped the app and re-downloaded it from the market and so far so good.
  14. puzopia

puzopia New Member

I had the same problem. Changing the view and then changing it back worked! Tanks

Index of /
  15. misslissalu

misslissalu New Member

Another problem solved by you guys. What an odd solution. Don't care - as long as it worked. Thanks! :)
  16. aDragonfly

aDragonfly New Member

Try using SDrescan (in the market). It works for me -- forces a refresh of the sd card file info.

I'll also give a plug for doubleTwist -- great player.
  17. somegeek

somegeek Member

I was having this issue with WinAmp. Unmount / Mount of the SD card forced a rescan and WinAmp has all the tunes in there now.

Settings -> SD card & phone storage -> Unmount SD card and then a Mount
  18. SirPuppy

SirPuppy New Member

I have a Droid 2, but this fixed the issue I was having with no other issues.