Music forums

Last Updated:

1. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know a good music forum? Obviously this one kinda lacks participation :( I have never been able to find a good one... You always find elitist or people not very open to other genres.

Advertisement
  2. stauren1203

stauren1203 Well-Known Member

I don't know one but I hope someone does... I'd join it today!

3. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

only one i frequent is the deviantart forum's music section and i'd hardly recommend it to anyone interested in discussing music on any serious level :rolleyes:

4. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Music forums?

Let me ask you, what kind on music tweaks your soul? I joined several but they are specific to one kind of music or they are technical in nature. ALL groups I read hate rap by the way, because, well, you know.

Bob

5. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

Because they never listened to real rap?

alchemistry and VegasOnAcid like this.
  6. VegasOnAcid

I like all music really... The problem with music is you cant find people that respect all music for what it is. I cant stand it when people rag on different music. Most music is good in its own right, I cant understand the position people take on this "my music is great, yours sucks."

7. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

i disagree
    imo there is lots of really bad music around, and i don't mean everything i just personally don't like - i do recognize there are talented musicians in genres i don't like, but there's also some truly dreadful musicians in every genre

oh and i think people who claim to "like all music" are talking rubbish

8. VegasOnAcid

People that sit there and generalize "Rap" or "Pop" to be terrible is more what I am saying. I realize there is crappy music out there. But most music that hits at least cult following status has some sort of appeal to at least 1000+ people.

And why are people that claim to like all music talking nonsense?

9. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

because they are usually just disregarding a number of genres (be it jazz, black metal, country or whatever), just liking all of the limited catalogue that is the radio and their friend-circle

10. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

I listen to a lot of different types of music but the two genres I cant stand are Rap(all types, dirty south, gansta, etc...) with very little exceptions, and country(only country I like is Amos Moses the primus cover, and Allman brothers band) other than that I like most every other genre be it, techno, black metal, prog rock, polka, pop, hip hop.

oh and I also cant stand modern hard core/screamo :)

11. irmuddled

irmuddled Member

I don't know of a general music one other than for musicians (harmony central for example) but why not join one of your favorite band? Most bands have forums and chances are the people there have a more similar music taste than a general music one :p

12. MortalSynz

MortalSynz Member

I had created a Rock community last year but closed due to inactivity and started a fan community for a particular band.

I do roam around Ultimate-Guitar.com on occassion though.

13. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I've posted on sputnikmusic forums for a few years now. There's a good bunch of folks over there with a wealth of knowledge. Just don't go in there and start threads about Ke$ha or something and you won't get flamed :)