Music from iTunes to Captivate

1. xMTx

xMTx New Member

Hi, I'm new to Android and am coming from an iPhone. I would love to put music on my phone and just use that as a music player, however all of my music is on iTunes. Is there any way or a program that can put music from iTunes on to the Captivate? Thank you for your time.

Advertisement
  2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

There is an app in the android app store called iSyncr, works like a charm. I got all of my iTunes purchased music onto my new captivate. Except a handful of them that where DRM protected.
  3. Terry S

Terry S Well-Known Member

I use Doubletwist.. you install it on both your computer and your phone. Very easy to use.
  4. ilusv

ilusv Well-Known Member

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I would imagine that anyone who has been using iTunes for a long time has a lot more than "a handful" that are DRM-protected.

My iPhone-owning friend his on her fourth "iPod" now, having started with the iPod Mini, and an iTunes collection going back several years.... well before Apple started offering DRM-free music.
  6. xMTx

xMTx New Member

Thanks for the replies but I want my DRM-protected music as well because it's actually quite a bit of songs. Is there anyway to get these on to the phone?
  7. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

I have not been able to get any of the DRM music to tranfer over. Lucky for me it was only about 4 songs. I even tried burning then to CD as a music CD then ripping the CD to MP3 format, but still didnt work... damn you Apple!
  8. Android_J

Android_J Well-Known Member

Pay Apple an upgrade fee to get the non-DRM songs. Otherwise, you're stuck in Apple's walled garden.
  9. xMTx

xMTx New Member

Yeah I have about 35 songs that are protected, so I might just have to stick to using an iPod along side my Captivate.

Also, I have to go see how much the upgrade fee is.