• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help music from pc will not play on galaxy???

beckiboo30

Lurker
Jun 25, 2010
hi im really new to this but i installed the `kies` software onto my pc and managed to transfer some of my albums onto my galaxy portal and when i was finished and tried to play the songs it kept saying `music player does not support`!!! help... im soooo annoyed, can anybody help??

Forget Kies.. It's buggy cumbersome and bloatware.

To copy files directly from your PC to your phone, connect USB cable, and you should see USB Connected Icon on the phone.

From phone
Menu
Notificaitons
USB Connected
Mount.

The full contents of the SD card will be visable to the PC as an external drive.
Copy your music files to a new directory on the SD card.

If you wish them to appear as ringtones etc, create a directory on the SD card as follows, and put your files there.

For Ringtones

media/audio/ringtones

For Alarms sounds

media/audio/alarms

For Notification sounds

media/audio/notifications

And why not try out one of the many replacement Music Apps on the market. Lots of good free ones.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones