Music gets deleted and goes into the LOST.DIR folder

Last Updated:

1. Defo

Defo New Member This Topic's Starter

I cant seem to be able to add more then a gig or two of music before it all gets deleted into the LOST.DIR folder on my sd card when I try to add new music...

Any idea? :(

Advertisement
  2. Defo

Great... Now all my photos and videos have suddenly disapaired, and seems to have gone to the LOST.DIR folder as well.

Great phone.

3. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

Corrupt SD card

4. Seabass

Seabass New Member

Hello mate

I kept losing my music too, really annoying. Today I formatted the SD card (32Gb) whilst it was plugged into my laptop.
    Just right click on removeable device (and whatever drive it is, mine was plugged into the F drive) and click on Format.

So far all is good, I then just created a Music folder and put a load of albums in there. Will update you though if it all disappears again, but like I say so far so good my friend :)

5. Defo

Thanks for the reply. I've tried to format the SD card, but unfortunately it didnt help. I'm using the 4 gb card that I got with the phone, it looks good so far. Maybe theres a high failure ratio on these type of cards? I don't know. But I may try to buy a 16 gb card to see if that works.

6. valderramos

valderramos New Member

Hi guys, I joined this site just to answer this question because I looked everywhere and couldn't find a solution to this problem.
    I had that same problem with a 32gb card. At first I thought it was that the phone couln't play/support the files but did some research and it worked out that the desire s supports flac wave, wma, etc. I tried many tools to reformat the card and no luck. Finally I decided to try using the windows installation disk and eureka! That was it.

Steps:
    Plug the card to the pc.
    Put the Windows installation cd in the tray
    Restart the pc and in bios select to start from disc
    Let the windows installation dialogue do its thing, when ready select the sd card and follow instructions to delete partition on SD card (be very careful to select the right disc and partition or you will irreversible damage your computer)
    Follow instructions to create a new partition (fat32), when the partition is created restart the computer and log into Windows
    Plug the card again and do a quik format on it (fat32)
    Unplug the card and insert it on the phone
    Take a photo with your phone (that will create some folders on the card).
    the card should be ready to be used.
    I currently have 10gb of uncompressed music in the card and is working perfectly.
    I have posted the exact steps I followed, someone might find an easier way but this has worked for me.
    By the way I got the card from ebay.

7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

indeed, you had a corrupt file table so formating in windows fixed it

however if it doesnt then the behaviour is actually because the sdcard is broken