music in folder but not in phone?

Last Updated:

1. edread

edread Member This Topic's Starter

Still learning my Hero, but having issues with my music which I can not seem to get fixed. The problem is when I open up the folder when it is connected to my laptop it will say that a certain album or song is in the music folder that I have set up. However, when I unplug the phone from my computer and open up the music, the songs can not be found?!? I've sorted by each individual song and even looked in the dreaded "unknown artist" and "unknown song" folders and can not find the songs anywhere, but they will show up in the media file once its connected to the computer. Its making me feel really stupid cause I know I have enough room in my phone still, so I must be doing something wrong for a few of my songs, but I have no idea what. Anybody smarter than me able to give me some ideas? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

In the SD card root, create folder called MP3, Music, whatever you want then mount your phone and copy albums over. SD card has to be unmounted to use. If you want to access folders on your phone use an App called 'Astro file manager' free from market.

Vandam500 likes this.
  3. jackstraw

jackstraw New Member

I am having the same problem. I have a separate directory for my music. There are songs on the sd card; I can see them when the phone is connected to my laptop and I also have an explorer app that allows me to see them. However they will not play through the explorer as other songs do, and they do not appear when I try to access them through music or through Ringdroids. The extensions are different than some of the other files, and it appears to be songs I have purchased from Itunes, although many songs I purchased for Itunes work. This is frustrating.

4. dezmoduo

dezmoduo Member

HTC ERIs on Verizon does the same thing. I download from my server via FTP directly into the Music folder and the new tunes don't show up.

I have to mount the SD thru my PC (eww) cut all the songs out and then paste them back in for the droid to see them. Defeats the FTP download app.

Now I'm trying to stream the server...to no avail. ;(

dez
    nyc