• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music issues on the droid solved

BigMace23

Dec 5, 2009
Wow am I happy...

I've literally tried everything from doubletwist (didn't sync album artwork which is a must for me) to motorola media link and salling media sync (didn't sync all songs) and many many different syncing apps. So I finally tried to do the most simple way to put songs on anything... drag and drop my whole library, and what do you know? My music is completely on my droid the way I want it now :D
I just wanted to tell anyone who is still having problems syncing their songs just to drag and drop... it just works!

Mediamonkey is p good for syncing/organizing. Recommended.

MediaMonkey is convoluted and has a very messy interface. The Mozilla project "Songbird" is a much better alternative with many innovative features the rest don't have. Also does bi-directional sync with iTunes playlists. The only thing missing on this constantly evolving media player is dumping an actual playlist on the Droid which I posted a workaround for in this post:

http://androidforums.com/how-tips/30681-sync-songbird-my-droid.html

Playlist support for the Droid is in their features tracker so it would apppear that its coming.

Upvote 0
Drag-and-drop support and compatibility with my Linux box is the sole reason why the Droid has replaced my iPod Touch in the music department. I refuse to keep using a device whose Windows software sucks so badly and has absolutely NO WAY to add songs on Linux! Now I just need to sell it and recoup my losses on buying the Droid! :)

The only things I see that need to be improved on the Droid are an EQ and more importantly to me, a way to change the volume in finer increments than the huge steps you get with the rocker. Maybe a touch slider like on the iPod Touch/iPhone? Unfortunately, that huge volume increment issue seems to be an Android issue that they really should work on. I'm fine with big steps on the rocker, but they should also provide a touch volume slider for better precision.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. I can't get my music to sync correctly. I have tried Doubletwist and now I have multiple files for many songs (some songs with track number, some in alpabetical order) I am missing most of the album art. FYI, my music on my PC is in a Zune file.
Are you just copying the music files and dropping them in a music folder on the Droid?

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. I can't get my music to sync correctly. I have tried Doubletwist and now I have multiple files for many songs (some songs with track number, some in alpabetical order) I am missing most of the album art. FYI, my music on my PC is in a Zune file.
Are you just copying the music files and dropping them in a music folder on the Droid?

That's how I did it. Just mount the phone and plop the files in there. I don't see it as being any less convenient than using a program to sync the music. I've always done it this way with my phones when possible.

Upvote 0
That's how I did it. Just mount the phone and plop the files in there. I don't see it as being any less convenient than using a program to sync the music. I've always done it this way with my phones when possible.

Unless you have more music that fits on your device and only want to sync certain playlists at a time. Otherwise heck ya, just drag and drop in Windows Explorer or your other favorite file move tool.

Upvote 0
Quick question for you Droid music lovers... do you ever have a problem with small glitches during MP3 playback? I get an occasional clicking (not in the same place/track each time) and other times it's fine.

The only thing that I think might be causing it is 3G handover - the clicking seems to happen much more when I am moving in a car or a train, etc...

Upvote 0
Most people always look for software to do what we can do for ourselves. ;)

and an equalizer. :mad:

As a sound engineer and life-long guitarist, I'd like to know why you want (need?) a media player to have an EQ? And, while you're expounding ... what kind of EQ would you want? 1/3 octave, parametric, graphic w/ sweepable bands, ... what? Also, what are you playing your music through that needs EQing?

Upvote 0
Just do the drag and drop myself. Though it was unhandy when I fixed some id3tags on my laptop and downloaded some songs from amazonmp3 on the phone I had to manually sync them. I thought about doing some sort of hotplug script and use rsync or something but downloaded songbird and am trying it out now.

Upvote 0
As a sound engineer and life-long guitarist, I'd like to know why you want (need?) a media player to have an EQ? And, while you're expounding ... what kind of EQ would you want? 1/3 octave, parametric, graphic w/ sweepable bands, ... what? Also, what are you playing your music through that needs EQing?
come on, is that supposed to be a defense of the audio player lacking what has become a basic function of standalone mp3 players?

i'm no sound engineer or audio purist, and my understanding of EQ is superficial at best, but don't try to marginalize my complaint bro. i'm not the only one who wants this. most threads that contain wishlists for audio players have at least one complaint about this, both on this site and any android forum i've ever seen.

but to answer your question, a basic one. graphic would be nice, but since that seems to be so g-damned out of the question, how about anything that can give some boost to low end for hiphop, or low+some high for rock? even my non-music sony ericsson dumbphone had that and more. that's why i wanna know why NO EQ OF ANY SORT exists on any android media player worth a crap.

instead of trying to impress us all with your "1/3 octave, parametric, graphic w/ sweepable bands" jive, how about an answer, if there is one?

Hey, if no developer sees creating one as worth their time or effort, that'd be a good enough reason for me, as i sure can't create one myself. This question is a legit one though and deserves an answer.

Upvote 0
Most people always look for software to do what we can do for ourselves. ;)

I'd use an EQ as a sort of ghetto gain control. The audio on the Droid is very quiet.

But I'm sure he means graphic with set bands :p Though parametric would be dead sexy.

Upvote 0
silly people, i use drag and drop, i don't need any more

Your music collection must not be that large then ;)

Silly people with larger music collections like the convenience of only having certain playlists at a time sync, and then, when more/different playlists are desired, previous ones on the SD card are selectively deleted by the app and then different playlists sync'd! I can't fit everything I have onto the SD card to drag and drop efficiently...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones