• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music keeps deleting from sd card after I power down

For some reason after I load music onto the sd card in my tab pro from my computer, it gets deleted after I power off the tablet and power it back on. Apologies if this issue has already been talked to death, couldn't find a solution in these forums or anywhere else online.

So specifically what I do is connect my tab to my computer thru USB and drag folders of mp3s (by name of artist, with album folders inside, never any files besides mp3s, no wavs or flac or anything else) to a folder named Music on the sd card on my tab pro (128 gb samsung evo mini sdhc card). Once there I unplug from computer and check everything to make sure it's there and works correctly and it does. Then I power down my tab and turn it back on. Once back on the artist folders are still there but nothing is inside, which is strange because when I connect back to my computer it says that the space is still being used up on my sd card, like 20 GB of music should be there, but it isn't. Nothing there, but the space is still taken. I've formatted and reformatted the sd card several times, and did a factory reset on my tablet to see if that would fix the problem, which it didn't. What in the actual crap is going on here? This is extremely frustrating, I've been doing this over and over again for the past 5 hours and I can't do it anymore or I am going to destroy everything I own. Any help would be greatly appreciated, much thanks.

Yes I tried out everything in the other post to no avail. I've discovered it isn't just music being deleted, anything I put on my sd card is gone when I turn it off and back on. It sounds much like a counterfeit micro sd card issue, but checking the card in my computer as suggested shows it has the correct amount of GB. But I did buy the sd card on ebay, and even though it came sealed in packaging that looks just like what is sold from Amazon, I fear I've been burned. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones