Music Lag

Last Updated:

1. MohMoh

MohMoh New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    hopefully some of you intelligent fellows out there will be able to help me out with a small issue I've been having with my newly acquired HTC Hero (ROM has been updated, 2.73.405.5).

Well, as stated in the title of this thread, I have a small problem concerning the music player. While it plays fine while using it, it's when I'm not using it trouble occurs. If I start playing a song, and then put the phone in "sleep-mode" (?) using the power button, i usually get some terrible lags or chopping in the music. It's pretty random how long it lasts until it starts playing normally again. It's also pretty random how long it takes before it starts acting up again.
    Funny thing is, if I put on a tune, and just let the phone sit (no putting it to sleep), the song will play fine, even when the phone automatically goes sleep-mode. However, once the song is over and the next starts playing, the lag issues come right back.

Anyone have any idead what might be causing this? Do i have to update something else aswell before this phone runs optimal?
    Could some app be the cause? I've installed several, and can actually remember being able to listen to music flawlessly before installing some of them.

Using TaskManager, I've just now realized that while the phone is in sleep-mode, the Android-system process' CPU usage skyrockets to >60%. Once I leave the sleep-mode the CPU usage of this process returns to normal (around 0% mostly).

Advertisement
  2. OniKiLLaZ

OniKiLLaZ New Member

I also have this problem but only since updating to the new ROM, I could listen to my playlists fine before, but now i have the exact same problem:confused:

3. Wins

Wins Member

Stange, I'm listening to music fine when it's in sleep mode although I kinda find the stop 3 second rule because you have a text message annoying.

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Works just fine for me, and I always turn the screen off before pocketing the handset.

5. vicked

vicked Member

I have the problem too. Maybe it's some running applications specific?

6. Wins

Wins Member

Make a list of application's you have installed (y)

7. vicked

vicked Member

Baseband version: 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18
    Kernel version: 2.6.27-8dd6deee htc-kernel@and18-2 )
    Build number: 2.73.405.5 146733 CL#61267 MCR2.2e release-keys
    Software version: 1.0.0.A6288

Applications:
    3g watchdog
    91Pandahome (Installed, but i don't use yet)
    AK Notepad
    Aldiko
    Android lightsaber
    ASTRO
    Barcode Scanner
    Battery Widget
    Better Terminal Emulator
    Calculator
    Dwar!
    Facebook
    FXcamera
    Gmote
    Google Sky Map
    gTasks
    Lumbricidae
    Mybackup
    Trolly

8. ftothe3

ftothe3 Well-Known Member

try formatting your sd card. someone mentioned that it solved this problem for them

9. MohMoh

MohMoh New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I actually solved the problem shortly after posting it in here. I uninstalled a few of the apps I had installed and the CPU usage of android-system was drastically reduced in sleep-mode. There were only a few, most of them, if not all, were ASTRO and Battery widget. I would suggest (vicked) that you uninstall one of the two, and see if your problem continues. If so, try uninstalling the other aswell, and we might just get to the bottom of what's causing this issue.

Good luck.