1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Music Lyrics

1. raphael0311

raphael0311 New Member

Hello,
    I download most of my music from itunes. i have put the lyrics in the songs but they dont display.
    - is it true that android cant read the lyrics of itunes ?

music file is MPEG 4 . how do i put the lyrics into the file ? or i have to convert it to mp3 and them add them?

i will also going to need the software to add the lyrics to the file

Thanks,

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Well you need a player that displays the lyrics. PowerAmp if I remember correctly has that option.
  3. raphael0311

raphael0311 New Member

Great app but im afraid this app will comsume more battery than the default music player in my galaxy s3 . Is it anyway to make lyrics visualable in the default music player??
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Think it depends on the make and model of the phone if the default player supports lyrics or not. My Lenovo's music player supports lyrics. I'm sure there's other players that can do this besides PowerAmp though.

AFAIK the usual method of having songs with lyrics, is to have .LRC files in the same folder as the songs. .LRC files contain the lyrics and timing info for showing and highlighting the lyrics in time with the song, i.e. karaoke style.
  5. raphael0311

raphael0311 New Member

Well my phone is a samsung galaxy s3 and it does support lyrics but I cant get it to work
    Im gonna try AFRAIK
  6. DanPLC

DanPLC Well-Known Member

The music app I developed called "Music Player (Remix)" supports reading lyrics embedded in the music files (within the tags). It also downloads lyrics for songs with no embedded lyrics and stores the lyrics within the music files (there's also an option to store the lyrics in a separate text file). And as an additional bonus, you can record yourself singing along while viewing the lyrics (what I call "karaoke mode").

You can find the app here in the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.musicplayerremix

Free 14-day, fully-functional trial version can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.mprtrial