1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Music making apps.

Last Updated:

1. TechGrin

TechGrin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of any good music making apps for android?

This is one thing I miss about my iPhone, there are a lot of very powerful music creation apps available. Anyone who's used Beatmaker knows what Im talking about.

So any suggestions guys?

Advertisement
  2. barryhen

barryhen New Member

uloops in the marketplace...its intuitive and fun...i actually used it to put together some beats to drop in the same day....check it out

3. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

4. batmandroid

batmandroid Well-Known Member

ya, Uloops is ok, actually a quite good program, but it needs internet just to preview one midi note you drew in or whatever, which makes it quite useless to me.

for me, all i'd want is a midi sequencer, that lets me choose from a basic library of sounds, basically one of every common instrument from saxophone to violins to drums, not necessarily great sounding, and that has the option to add swing.

then the option to export midi or save midi, or whatever. that's it. a piano keyboard you could play into a step sequencer would be alright as well. it would be cool if it worked live but there's too much delay on android phones for that really.

Uloops has a lot of features that are quite advanced, but not being able to make music unless i have an internet connection, is too huge a flaw for me.

DJ Studio looks cool, but it's a whole different thing from what i'm looking for.

5. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

+1

I'm a rocker and don't want to sample the work of others, I wish to create my own. Looping apps don't provide that. I don't think there is anything in Android land which provides this. I think it's still iOS only.