• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

music/media remote

mez

Sep 16, 2009
UK
hey,

so what i want is a way to use my phone to pick and choose the music playing on my pc. pic the song /playlist/ album shuffle repeat and everything else.

I have tried

Tunes Remote - its really good. i like this lots
but i dont use or like itunes.

is there anything else that I can use that works in the same way as tunes remote but which i can use with windows media player 11/12 or winamp

ive seen some other apps but im looking for one which doesnt require me to install anything on the PC such as a server.

its just because i cant install server apps on every achine that i;d want to use this with.

i dont mind having more then one app on the phone for WMP and another for WinAmp.

Ive also tried AndroMote but cant get this to work, if you use andromote and think it'll do what i want - can you help...

ty

fyi

windows media player 11 on XP pro
wmp 12 on win 7 (64bit)
winamp on various machines.

yeah i mean its a really good idea and the itunes app tunes remote works great but i just dont like itunes.

i think it'd be great to have this working on a WMP 11/12 or winamp.

Hope someone can help, if not .. all you budding app designers... i'd be willing to pay for this.

Upvote 0
Sorry but I really don't think their is anything where it doesn't require installing something on the PC like a server. I'll be watching this thread with interest though to see if anyone does have any suggestions :)

With servers , I would recommend Gmote

+1 for Gmote.

And Carl is right, you wont find an app that doesn't need a server. There's no way to control a PC from a phone without some type of software on the PC to connect to the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones