Music on Youtube

Last Updated:

1. Wave Beam

Wave Beam Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if anyone has experienced this, but I've tried it on both iPhone and Evo, with the same results. If you search for a song on youtube with your PC, you get plenty of results that are the studio version of the song, along with plenty of live and cover versions.

If you do the same exact search with an iPhone or Evo, (I assume other phones as well) you get the results with the studio versions omitted. An example is 14 Years, by G n' R. I've tried it with many artists, and it's always the same. Is there a restriction by either cell carriers or Youtube that I don't know about? Am I just missing something? Thanks.

EDIT* I don't know how to delete a thread, maybe I can't. It works now, and I don't know why.

Advertisement
  2. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

i know what you mean. with my youtube acct on a PC, i have added official videos to my favorites. when i try to watch them on the evo, it says it cant play on a mobile device or something of that sort, which blows. did you get "this" to work? if so, i'd be interested.

3. ragebot

ragebot Well-Known Member

I just did a search on doors and got light my fire by the doors. Seems like you can search by artist and get non cover versions of tunes.