• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music organization.. is the phone smarter then I am?

Gareee

Android Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2010
WNC
Ok, here's what I did. I have a huge pile of 80's music I've gathered together, and embedded them as a new album.

I uploaded the entire set to the droid, and lo and behold, it saved them all out under individual artists, each with thier own album.

If there any faq on how to organise your music on the droids?

Ideally, I'd like to leave the artist tag in the files, and play by artist if I choose, or select the new ablum I created and play everything I added to that album tag.

As it is, I have 2 gig of files now that are all split up again, and I'll need to remove them, and re upload them to the phone again.

Ok, here's what I did. I have a huge pile of 80's music I've gathered together, and embedded them as a new album.

I uploaded the entire set to the droid, and lo and behold, it saved them all out under individual artists, each with thier own album.

If there any faq on how to organise your music on the droids?

Ideally, I'd like to leave the artist tag in the files, and play by artist if I choose, or select the new ablum I created and play everything I added to that album tag.

As it is, I have 2 gig of files now that are all split up again, and I'll need to remove them, and re upload them to the phone again.

Sounds to me like what you want to do is make a playlist with all the songs in it.

Upvote 0
Thats can be hard with a playlist with 500 songs I want to shuffle play. I might have software on the pc though that can do that though.

Thing is, I stripped off the original album info, and created a new album on all the songs in question.. how the DX reinstated them is beyond me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones