• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music pauses briefly when I get an email or message

I tried searching but I can't seem to find the answer for this. Either no one else has experienced this, I can't find the correct phrase to search or the solution is extremely simple and I just can't figure it out for myself.

While I'm listening to music (Pandora, Slacker or just from the Music Player) if I get an alert for an email or message the music pauses briefly while I'm getting the notification. Is there a way to stop this?

I tried searching but I can't seem to find the answer for this. Either no one else has experienced this, I can't find the correct phrase to search or the solution is extremely simple and I just can't figure it out for myself.

While I'm listening to music (Pandora, Slacker or just from the Music Player) if I get an alert for an email or message the music pauses briefly while I'm getting the notification. Is there a way to stop this?

I have experienced this as well, but haven't looked into a way to resolve it. I think it's by design so that if you get a call/message/etc. you are completely aware of it.

Sorry it's not much help, but at least you know you're not the only one :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones