music player album artwork

Last Updated:

1. macshield

macshield Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hoping someone can help.
    when I play a song I don't get any album artwork. Is there a secret to this or does the default player not support this. The art work shows up in Itunes. Anyone know of any music app that is better than the stock one?

thanks.

Advertisement
  2. SevenInchScrew

SevenInchScrew New Member

I'm still waiting to get my Captivate tomorrow, so I can't say for certain if this is the issue, but I have a possible answer.

It depends on whether or not the artwork is actually embedded in the audio file. iTunes will let you "Download Artwork" for the audio files in your library if there isn't any present, and if it can identify the song. The problem with this is, it doesn't actually embed the artwork. It downloads it from the iTunes servers, but it just acts as a pointer, and the iTunes software just knows to use that particular artwork file with that particular song. If you move those songs to a different computer, or any other device that doesn't have access to that library, like your phone, it won't know that there is artwork for those files.

There is a simple, if time consuming, way to solve this. First, you need to find a picture of the actual artwork, like from Google Images, or wherever. Next, you need to right click on a song or album, and select "Get Info" from the menu. Then find the "Artwork" section. If you selected an entire album, this will be a box in the lower-right of the window that pops up. If you selected a single track, it will be the right-most tab in the window. Now, just select the image you want to use for the artwork and click "OK" to apply it.

This will actually embed the artwork into the audio file. That way, no matter where you play it, if the device or software is able to show artwork, it will be there, with no need for a special library file or any special artwork. This, obviously, can be a pain to do if you have a ton of music, but at least it is a one-time thing. Once it is done, it's done for good. I've been doing this with my music ever since I started ripping all my music with iTunes many years ago, and it works like a charm.

So again, I don't know if that is specifically why your artwork isn't showing, but it could be. I had a friend who had this very problem with a different phone. He wondered why all the artwork was missing. After I showed him this, all was better.

Hope that helps, if it was actually your problem. If not, well, I hope it helps someone, and I didn't just waste my time typing that ;)

3. macshield

macshield Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info. Doesn't seem to work for me though. I have the artwork embedded into each song in itunes. When I click get info the image is there but still won't show up in the music player.

4. BLJones

BLJones Well-Known Member

Go check to make sure you have visuizations off.

5. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member