Music player and screen lock... (2 questions)

Last Updated:

1. lrs421

lrs421 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, new to Android and new to this forum. I've converted from a blackberry and I can't tell you how much I love my Captivate. Well, enough of that :) I have a few questions. I currently have my display set to time out after one minute. When I'm using the music player is there anyway to prevent the screen from locking. I have having to unlock it to switch tracks.

As a side, is there a way to change the locking system from a sliding pattern to a number code??

Help a noob out. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Benclayton

Benclayton Active Member

If you're using the default music player, you can actually pull down on the half-cd and change tracks from a small menu.

3. myrv

myrv Well-Known Member

Second question first. From the home screen hit the menu key. From there hit location and security. Under location and security there is an option for a numeric unlock code after the sliding code. The sliding lock code is actually a separate setting from the numeric code option.

Now, as for the music playing, are you using the stock music player? I currently use Astro Player but there was one feature about the stock music player I loved. From the lock screen there is a half of a CD at the top of the screen if you are currently playing an MP3. If you pull that half of a CD down, you will get options such as forward, pause, back, etc. While it isn't the same as the screen not locking, it is fairly useful.

Hope those help and welcome to android!

4. lrs421

lrs421 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies. I see the half cd pull down when I disable the unlock pattern, but it's not visible when the unlock pattern is in place.

Also, I don't see an option in the settings menu for a numeric password as you described. There's a data rest and credentials password but that's it. Any ideas?