• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help music player and widget causing lots of problems since 2.2

deanh

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
After getting the ota for 2.2 anytime I open the music player the phone freezes and I have to pull the battery. I noticed this issue immediately after the update when ever I went to the the screen with the music player widget the same thing would happen. Sometimes I can listen to 3 or 4 songs before it starts acting up. I've tried the factory reset but no success. I have also tried using other media players from the market, same problem. Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it? I have read a few threads about apps not ment for 2.2 causing a lot of problems. Most app descriptions dont say whether they are compatible 2.2 or not. How can you know?

After getting the ota for 2.2 anytime I open the music player the phone freezes and I have to pull the battery. I noticed this issue immediately after the update when ever I went to the the screen with the music player widget the same thing would happen. Sometimes I can listen to 3 or 4 songs before it starts acting up. I've tried the factory reset but no success. I have also tried using other media players from the market, same problem. Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it? I have read a few threads about apps not ment for 2.2 causing a lot of problems. Most app descriptions dont say whether they are compatible 2.2 or not. How can you know?

I use doubletwist with zero problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones