Music Player App keep runing on back groundSupport

1. Skang

Skang Well-Known Member

After the update (not 2.2) Music player keep running on background some reason.

Few morning I checked Task Manager and Music player is on there. Before I go to sleep I made sure nothing was on the task manager.

Is it normal with the update?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Check in your player's configuration settings for something that could be starting the player on a schedule or set time.

It could be a bug, but I'd first make sure it is not accidentally set up as an alarm or something.
  3. Skang

Skang Well-Known Member

If I click it says, If you want to download music from V-cast. "Yes" or "No".

If I press "No", it just exits app. So no settings.
  4. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member

Mine did this before the update too. I use the task manager as an off switch having tried all kinds of tricks to turn the MP off without luck.
  5. miyooper

miyooper Well-Known Member

Does it on mine after the update to.
  6. gonzo143

gonzo143 Well-Known Member

How does anyone else stop there music player?

Mine doesn't have an "off" button anywhere. You can pause, but you can't close. ( before and after the update)

Thanks in advance.
  7. grin0048

grin0048 Well-Known Member

If I pause a song in the stock player, then use the back button to exit out, the app quits and is no longer in task manager.
  8. gonzo143

gonzo143 Well-Known Member

Mine will "close" but still stays in the task manager and if i go back to the music player it starts to play exactly were I previously was:(
  9. grin0048

grin0048 Well-Known Member

You mean in actually starts playing again on its own? Mine remembers the position of the song I was last playing but I have to hit the play button again. btw, I'm not on the dl09 update.
  10. Skang

Skang Well-Known Member

Well, my problem is I never use it and it's running on background its own.
  11. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Well-Known Member

I noticed this about the music player too! How annoying and horribly programmed. There's literally no way to turn it off. It runs in the background. I hate it. I have to go into app manager and kill it. One of the reasons I usually just listen to pandora.
  12. Skang

Skang Well-Known Member

And funny thing is, It only shows up over night. It never show up during normal use (Not using Music player at all).

Maybe someone with twitter account can ask Samsung?
  13. Mthompson05

Mthompson05 New Member

I've found that if you go into applications then music player and just clear the data it is holding it will shut down as it used to and not restart. Have to do this now and then but does stop it running in background