• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Music Player - Autostart

That's pretty interesting and didn't realize anything like this until i read this thread...

I listen to A LOT of Slacker Radio on my phone, but will occassionally listen to mp3's. (I live in NYC and can't stream Slacker in subway tunnels). Anyway, the other day I was listening to Slacker streaming to my phone but playing through 3rd party speakers in the morning while I was showering. Then I got dressed, hit "pause" on Slacker, walked to my front door, plugged my headphones into my phone, hit "play" on Slacker and when I put my headphones in my ears, the mp3 player had started also -- I could heard Slacker and one of my mp3's being played at the same time. I figured it was some kind of goofy glitch because this has only happened once so far but it would make perfect sense that the default mp3 player kicked on when i plugged in the headphones.

Fabolous, since you asked: I was using a pair of $15 piece-of-shyt Sony headphones that wrap around my ears. This morning I actually bought a pair of Skullcandy ear buds but haven't tried them out yet. I'll report back if I get the same behavior with the new ear buds.

Upvote 0
What kind of headphones do you have? Mine autostart also.

I'm thinking it's due to the control buttons on it that are made for the iPhone/iPod Touch, that are sending funny signals to Android.

Nope, these don't have any kind of buttons on them and are el cheapos. It used to work that way........I'm sad now and can't figure out how to get that happening again. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Ive had my motorola droid do this "auto start" also . As far as i can tell this isnt suposed to happen. I used the music player on my phone for months with no issues. Recently my player has ben glitching out. One issue is the auto start witch isnt very anoying. Also my player will randomly pause, even if the phone is locked. It also skips and sometimes will even randomly switch to a completely diferent song/artist or to party shuffle. I completed the factory reset on the phone and no change

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones