Music Player - AutostartAccessories

Last Updated:

1. gmats

gmats Member This Topic's Starter

The other day I plugged in my headphones and was surprised that the music autostarted. Now when I plug my headphones in, this doesn't happen. I liked the feature, how do I get that to happen again?

Aloha,
    g

Advertisement
  2. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

I have never had that happen. I have it auto-stop if I pull out the headphones, but that is it.

3. gmats

Yeah, it autostops when I pull the headphone jack out. I just would love to have it autostart when I plug in........then I don't have to "unsleep" the phone and open my player etc.........

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

What kind of headphones do you have? Mine autostart also.

I'm thinking it's due to the control buttons on it that are made for the iPhone/iPod Touch, that are sending funny signals to Android.

5. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

That's pretty interesting and didn't realize anything like this until i read this thread...

I listen to A LOT of Slacker Radio on my phone, but will occassionally listen to mp3's. (I live in NYC and can't stream Slacker in subway tunnels). Anyway, the other day I was listening to Slacker streaming to my phone but playing through 3rd party speakers in the morning while I was showering. Then I got dressed, hit "pause" on Slacker, walked to my front door, plugged my headphones into my phone, hit "play" on Slacker and when I put my headphones in my ears, the mp3 player had started also -- I could heard Slacker and one of my mp3's being played at the same time. I figured it was some kind of goofy glitch because this has only happened once so far but it would make perfect sense that the default mp3 player kicked on when i plugged in the headphones.

Fabolous, since you asked: I was using a pair of $15 piece-of-shyt Sony headphones that wrap around my ears. This morning I actually bought a pair of Skullcandy ear buds but haven't tried them out yet. I'll report back if I get the same behavior with the new ear buds.

6. gmats

Nope, these don't have any kind of buttons on them and are el cheapos. It used to work that way........I'm sad now and can't figure out how to get that happening again. :confused:

7. gmats

Please help. No one else experiencing this? Is there a way I can make this workout?

8. LIVE2DRUM

LIVE2DRUM New Member

Ive had my motorola droid do this "auto start" also . As far as i can tell this isnt suposed to happen. I used the music player on my phone for months with no issues. Recently my player has ben glitching out. One issue is the auto start witch isnt very anoying. Also my player will randomly pause, even if the phone is locked. It also skips and sometimes will even randomly switch to a completely diferent song/artist or to party shuffle. I completed the factory reset on the phone and no change

9. motoman83

motoman83 New Member

I've had the same problem when I am listening to streaming radio. When I plug my stereo jack into my phone's jack it opens up the player and starts playing my mp3s. However, when I'm not listening to streaming radio and I do the same thing, nothing happens.

10. getsome831

getsome831 New Member

Try this app, it's working well for me so far, at least with a 3.5mm plugin, not sure about bluetooth, no chance to test yet.

It's called Headset Blocker by Roadkill, make sure you toggle the widget on for it to work. I'd link to it but these forum admins don't let new users apparently. Good luck.