Music player defaults to alphabetical order when selecting an album to play

Last Updated:

1. galfwender

galfwender Active Member This Topic's Starter

Posted a reply in this thread http://androidforums.com/android-media/73230-mp3s-play-wrong-order-htc-desire.html#post893280 but figured this forum is more appropriate really..

Does anyone know how to fix the default Music player's behaviour when long-pressing on an album and selecting "Play" ?

If you start playing by quick-pressing the album, it shows you the list of songs. If tagged correctly, this list is in correct song order, and will play the album in order from whichever song you select to start from. If not tagged correctly, it shows in alphabetical order.

So far, so good.. can't complain... BUT...

If you start playing an album by long-pressing it and selecting "Play", it plays it alphabetically, regardless of the status of the tagging.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I use tunewiki myself anyway. Puts in correct order and find it louder. Plus additional functionality. I know it doesn't solve the issue of you want to use the default player but its a good alternative if you don't care

3. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

The default "play" feature is plain bonkers IMHO. <Short press | Menu | Play all> plays tracks in the order you would expect, but it's hardly intuitive.

4. zachamuffin

zachamuffin Member

I use

5. Mec63

Mec63 Member

I know it dosn't fix what you are saying but isn't it quicker to do it the way it works? The same amount of presses but shorter time ie. short press then tap first song compared to long press than tap play :confused:

6. zachamuffin

zachamuffin Member

The other way that I found to get the playing in order is to just select the first song on the album, when you go into album it lists the songs in the correct order.