music player freezing/crashing phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Recently when I use the stock/default music player, when I try to pause or stop it, it keeps playing. If I press the hard home key, it will go to the home screen but the music will keep playing even if I press pause. If I am still in the music player app and press the back button, it goes to a black screen and keeps playing. Today I tried to shut down my phone to get it to stop and it kept playing for a couple minutes and took much longer than usual for the phone to shut down.

Do I just have to use a different music player? Is the default one really buggy or something? Not sure if it has anything to do with it but I only noticed it after I updated to 2.2.

Advertisement
  2. LaZeR

LaZeR Well-Known Member

Mine will quit playing but it will also make the entire phone quit and require me to pull the battery. I'm using a different music player now. Yes, this lovely bug came with 2.2 OTA.

Btros likes this.
  3. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Awesome. So what's the best music player, 3 or cubed or whatever?

4. myxomat0sis

myxomat0sis Member

oh yeah this happened to me 3 times today. wtfffffffffffffffffff.

5. LaZeR

LaZeR Well-Known Member

I'm currently rocking with MixZing as noted in another thread. Works fine except when another 'froyo' bug decides to randomly surface and cut out recognition of mp3s requiring yet another reboot. This one doesn't lock up the phone though.

6. jgreen0227

jgreen0227 Well-Known Member

Same here...using MixZing and love it. Only thing I don't like about it is that when you lock the phone, before you had a small menu for the stock player on the lock screen, with MixZing you don't. I take it Android is gonna fix these things soon....let's hope. I read in another thread that another update is coming out soon to fix a lot of bugs.

7. Subwater

Subwater New Member

I have also recently had this problem but i figured out why. I had just move all my music off the MicroSd card and put it in the Built in storage/ Then i got the error so i moved all the music back to the MicroSd card and then it stop giving me that error. So please check to see if you have your music on the Droid.