1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Music Player/Gallery ProblemSupport

1. obelix5150

obelix5150 New Member

Hey all,
    So here's my problem.
    I've had music and photos synced to my phone for quite a while now. I usually do it by taking out the SD card, putting said card into computer, and transferring files. Works dandily, until now..
    This evening, I decided to add Dream Theater's "new" album to my phone. So I did the same procedure - took out the SD card, put into computer, copied mp3's onto card, ejected card, put into phone. But now my phone is acting all screwed up.
    Basically, the music player doesn't work. Native player, Mixzing, cubed - none of them work. in the case of all of them, I open up the app and it gives me nothing more than either a) a blank screen or b) a loading icon. After a while of either, i get an "app not responding, force close/wait/whatever".
    Very abruptly, this has started happening to my gallery as well. I open gallery and it all looks fine, then I hit my library to view all the photos and bam! freeze. or it opens up a blank window. this happens for quickpix as well.
    What happened to my good ol' phone? is it an SD card problem, or what?

Advertisement
    :
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It sounds like an SD card problem to me. If you have everything backed up, you could try reformatting and copying files back.

When you say, "I usually do it by taking out the SD card", are you just taking it out or are you dismounting it first by going into settings->storage->Unmount SD card? Because if you are not dismounting first, I would suggest doing that from now on.
  3. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

I bet it's an SD card issue as well due to your "taking out the SD card" habit. It was probably in use when you pulled it once. Personally, I just use my USB cable whenever possible and then use the USB Storage option from the pull down menu. For me, it's easier than unmounting it with the above method.
  4. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

I second redsox. The cable xfers at a good rate and will keep your SD card "clean" of errors. Be sure to eject your device in windows when done.
  5. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

Or unmount from the computer from the phone by switching to charge only mode.