Music player help!Support

Last Updated:

1. Boredfatman

Boredfatman Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

So for the first time today I plugged in my headphones on the sgs to have a listen and oh my goodness its sounds awful.

So much echo, it sounds like the same track being played over each other out of sync.

I have tried messing around with the effects and eq but to no avail.

What have I done wrong. I basically transferred all my music to the sd card, most of which was from itunes, me being a previous iphone user.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Boredfatman

Seriously guys,

One of you must know how to solve this??

Please help. I switched from Apple to this and I need it to be a decent MP3 player....

Thanks

Micah

3. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

Its hard to say as you don't really give much detail. The SGS is a very capable music player, equally as good as the Ipod/Iphone. What type of files are you playing? Whats the bitrate they are recorded at? What earphones are you using?

4. Boredfatman

Hi,

Sorry, i have just transferred all of my music files in the format they were in for itunes, m4a format, 127kbps.

I dragged and dropped them all into a music folder i created on the SD card.

As for earphones, i am using the iphone ones, (only ones i have at present), but they work fine on other devices.

I hope this is enough information...thanks in advance for your help...

5. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

I dont think the stock music player can read .m4a but I could be wrong.

6. Boredfatman

Hi, it must read them to a degree as i could here the track playing, but it was quiet in parts, loud in other parts, very quiet vocals which would go back to normal volume but only on certain parts of the song...

so frustrated.

7. nickporwal

nickporwal Well-Known Member

Can you try playing files of different format such as flac or mp3 (atleast 192kbps)?
    See if you are fine in that. SGS music quality is really awesome. But i am still a fan of sony walkman. Only sony knows how to produce true bass.

8. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that the SGS cannnot play M4a files. Also 127 kbps is pretty low quality though it shouldn't be that bad. The best files to use are mp3 or WMA. Itunes is not a good program to use as it is geared for the Apple products that are so anti anything other than apple they tend to do things to files to make them not play well on non apple products.

9. wihan1

wihan1 Member

Have you made sure the earphones are plugged in ALL the way? Might sounds silly but it needs to "click" in properly...

10. hawrai

hawrai Member

There is nothing wrong with your files, it could well be your earphones. I have used some "made for iPhone" earphones before with other mobiles and they sounded terrible...try other earphones.

11. fattyboom

fattyboom Member

yeah, i had some MetroFi v220 headphones - pretty decent headphones if not top of the range - and music sounded awful through them on my SGS. SOunds fine with the samsung headphones though.

I thought it a bit odd too.

12. kumar3234

kumar3234 Well-Known Member

Check out the impedance of the SGS headphones and then compare it with other headphones that u are intending to use.Impedance mismatch may sometimes produce awful output through headphones.
    For example the iphone/ipod headphones impedance is 32 ohms.
    Please go through the specifications of the headphones that came along with SGS.....

13. Galaxyforme

Galaxyforme Member

The galaxy s put some kind of default eq when the headphones are plugged in, do a bit of searching on xda developers as someone has managed to disable this. Hope this is of some help!

14. Boredfatman

SHOCKED!!

I have just got round to trying the samsung earphones out and i cannot believe the difference.

Have to apologise first, as i honestly thought that it could not be the headphones, (headphones are headphones right?!:rolleyes:)

But the sound is very good, with much better bass than the iPhone.

Quite liking the 5.1 surround sound effect too.

So whilst the solution was simple, thanks for the help as I never would have considered this to be a possible cause. :D

15. Geryatrix

Geryatrix Well-Known Member

I think that you'll find that Samsung and Nokia use a different connection pattern for the 4 pin jack-socket.

Why there are two standards, I don't know, it's a pain in the sit-down area, but it does mean that if you are thinking of buying aftermarket headphones, you would be wise to take your phone with you and test before you buy.

16. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member

17. ar_mobile

ar_mobile Member

I've switched from iPhone 3G. I can confirm that stock iPhone earphones are incompatible with GS.
    Use Samsung earphones from the box and you will enjoy your tracks!

18. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Well-Known Member

I haven’t tried headphones, but I have tried 4 different earphones (Samsung bundled ones, Sennheiser, Sony and Philips) they all worked pretty well. I'm quite surprised how good the bundled ones sound compared to some of the more expensive earphones. But at the end I settled with the Sony for listening to music.

19. jasonwilldo

jasonwilldo New Member

Hi, new to Samsung Galaxy S- the MP3 player is shocking!!!!!!!
    The MP3 player is as important to me as the phone, I want it to play in file (and in order within each directory) order, not all mixed up by author/title, as i play MP3 podcasts (etc), but can't find any menu to select that, also I can't see if it has a bookmark function, so it resumes where I leave off (I have lots of 2hr MP3s).
    Can this shocker be improved or can anyone PLEASE send a link to a good MP3 player app that i can download. Don’t care if it costs – a good MP3 player is just too important. Cheers!

20. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

More recent firmwares solve the headphones output problems also.

Jasonwilldo it sounds like you want something like PowerAmp, that can playback by folders.

Not sure about PowerAmp, but the stock music player will resume where you left off (you can always scrub through tracks though in either case).

jasonwilldo likes this.
  21. jasonwilldo

jasonwilldo New Member

22. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

No problem, hope it has what you need.