Music Player issueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I've searched everywhere and I can't find the answer to this problem.. Recently my music player has stopped updating what music I have/don't have on my memory stick.

I deleted a few albums off my memory stick and added a couple, and it still shows the old album, (unable to play, says 'audio player does not support files of this type' or something like that) and it doesn't show the new music I put on there.

I've restarted my device about 4 times, tried closing/reopening the music app.. I don't know what to do to clear this up. I'm running 2.1 (via WhiteWidow/Root if that matters) and music has never given me a problem before.

PS: The other music apps have the same problem, none of them seem to refresh. Any ideas?

Thanks alot!

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

I had this problem the other day and it went away.......... I think I popped the card in and out to get it to work (in case you didnt know the card is located below the volume switches in the battery compartment).......... just pop it out and let it sit for about 15 secs....... then pop it back in.......... do this while the phone is turned on........ this will make the phone reread everything on the card

cant remember what else I tried so hopefully that helps :)

3. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member

I know it seems obvious, but have you tried re-inserting the SD card?

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Try this, it's worked for me in the past.
    Open the music app, bring up your songs list (not albums or artists). Under Menu select shuffle and play all. After it plays the first song take a look at the list again, if it worked like mine your song list will have been updated.