Music player launches whenever I disconnect headphonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. jrodrig7

jrodrig7 Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 9, 2010

I'm having issues with my Vibrant in regards to the music player. Every time I unplug my headphones from phone, the music player launches and plays music through the speaker. I use the headphones to talk while I game, and am not running the music app, however it still chooses to open. Is there anyway I can prevent this? Is anyone having the same problem?

Thanks in advance

2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    This is a known issue with Android, and devs have acknowledged it. As far as I know, it may be fixed with the Gingerbread in Q4 of this year. I don't know what phone or version your running, but salvation may come sometime this year.

Please go and tell Google your having this problem by logging in and adding a star to this issueIssue 5134 - android - Musicplayer starts automatically with headphones plugged in overriding every other playing app - Project Hosting on Google Code

edit: This may not work for you that well, but you can look for the free widget (or on appbrain if you can't find it on the market) called "Block Headset" which basically blocks all incoming signals from the headset jack. But this will block in-line headset controls and maybe even in-line mics.
  3. justlovejoy

justlovejoy Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    this is the most annoying issue that I have with my phone. I barely have any other complaints other wise because this is the cause of all my problems. cant say anything else cause its so constant of an issue that i deleted the music apk.

but does anyone else have any bright ideas?