Music Player ... Major Bug?

1. keepbusy

keepbusy New Member

So I just added 3,301 songs (12.91 GB) to my newly purchased Droid only to find that if you don't have an Album associated with each Song, you're screwed when browsing by Artists. The Music Player groups Albums under Artists instead of just displaying the Songs. For any Songs not associated with an Album it displays "Music x songs out of y" where x = number of songs not associated with an Album for the Artist and Y = number of songs not associated with an Artist overall.

For example, if I sort by Artists and navigate to Death Cab for Cutie (for whom I have 20 songs in various albums), I see the following:

Forbidden Love Ep - 1 Song
    Music - 10 of 2317 Songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!
    The Photo Album - 2 songs
    Plans - 4 songs
    Transatlanticism - 3 songs

If I click on Music it takes me to a list of 2,317 Songs instead of just 10! It does this for every Artist. Any way to just display Songs under Artists with the default Music Player? I searched the Android Market and the only Music Player capable was called bTunes Music Player, but it constantly crashes, and is of no-use.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. pajaroblanco

pajaroblanco Member

Hey keepbusy,

I am the developer of bTunes Music Player. Sorry about the initial crashes, the software is in beta currently. Many bugs have been fixed since the initial launch, perhaps you could give it another try and let me know if the software works for you. Thanks again.
  3. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

What I have a problem with is some of my albums show tracks 10 or 11 through whatever before track 1. It doesn't do it on most. I check the albums that it does do it on, Winamp, WMP, iTunes, iPod all have it in the correct order. The tags have the track numbers in them. (I'm really OCD about all that tag and filename stuff for my music.)