Music player not finding internal storageSupport

Last Updated:

1. narf

narf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been having the problem of the music player not displaying embedded album art. To fix this I tried Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Media Storage, then clicked "Clear Data"

I was told this would make the music player "rescan" for tracks and update the player. DON'T DO THIS ON THE INCREDIBLE! It caused the music player to not find anything on the internal storage.

Any way to fix this??

Advertisement
  2. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

reboot maybe? it will remount the internal storage and apps should refresh with things on the internal storage.

3. narf

narf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried rebooting and still no luck. Again, all my music is on the 6gb of internal storage.

Update: After leaving the music app open for a while it started finding the music again! It will be interesting to see if it will load the album art correctly this time...

4. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

well, thats no good. not sure bud. sorry. hopefully somebody else has a bright idea.

5. daddypost

daddypost Member

Okay, so the music player is only displaying 1 mp3 I downloaded from the phone. I have an SD card but my albums are on the internal storage. The mp3 that the music player is displaying is on internal storage. If I go to the list, it shows everything (including the music that comes with the phone pre-installed), but on the full display(where the album covers are) there is only the one song. What the hell is going on?
    There is a folder on the internal storage called "download" this is where I have not only the downloaded mp3 but all of the folders of the additional albums. At one point, I was able to swipe through and see all of the preloaded songs with album covers as well as the MP3 I downloaded. Now I can't even see the preloaded songs. I've tried searching the threads with No luck. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

6. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

You already made a post about this, you probably shouldn't be stealing other peoples threads...