music player pauses. problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. mecanician

mecanician Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone
    Have found this forum a lifeline,check it everyday.
    I have had my desire for 4 weeks now cannot not fault it except I have an irritating problem with mp3 playback.I have 16Gb memory card filled with about 14Gb of music,I just like to let the music shuffle which brings me to the problem I have is every time I set it to play music and either put the desire in my pocket or lay it next to me I can listen to sometimes 4 or 5 tracks and the music all of a sudden stops othertimes it could be 15 or 16 songs,it doesn't pause just completely stops.I have tried different music players,i.e the stock player tunewiki and 2 or 3 others and its the same.
    Its really frustrating while I'm on the train having to keep getting the phone out to reset the music player :rolleyes:
    Any ideas would be appreciated
    mecanician

Advertisement
  2. pdikboom

pdikboom New Member

I have the same problem! It also occurs with streaming internet radio. After 5 - 10 minutes the player stops and when i get back to the music player, the track has skipped.

3. metcaa1

metcaa1 New Member

I have the exact same problem commuting to work everyday on my bike. However it seems to be more stable at home or on a desk. When cycling it seems to cut out randomly after 5-10mins of playback. Today I clicked play after it had stopped 4 times, and on the last time it stopped playing 10 sec into the same track, so I gave up. This may be a long shot but could it be related to the Giro sensor, as it seems to happen more when I'm cycling than when its on a desk etc.

4. cyberbuss

cyberbuss New Member

i have the same problem. but it seems to be at about 10 minutes when the live streaming or MP3s stop playing while at home or on the run. it never used to do that before so I have hope that this can be fixed. 30GBs of music is completely useless for only 10 minutes of consecutive playing at one time.

there has got to be a way to correct this. My theory is its a power management setting that is shutting it off.

5. kyo001

kyo001 Active Member

Have the same kind of problem. Except after the end of every song it like, pauses, which sucks, because I have it on shuffle, but I have to manual click next. so yeah very annoying, anyone find a fix to this?

6. GoogMan

GoogMan New Member

This problem occurs with every music player I have tried on my Droid2 with Android 2.2: The music pauses randomly. When I press the play button it starts up just where it was paused, so the application is not shutting off. It does not matter if the screen lock setting is NEVER or not. It happensd when the screen is on. It happens when nothing else ism going on in the phone that I can detect. It does not matter if there are any tasks in the task killer list. It appears to be a bug in Android 2.2 that affects all phones. If anybody here with Android 2.2 does NOT have this problem, please comment.