Music Player PoltergeistSupport

Last Updated:

1. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use the term "Poltergeist" anytime something seems to happen for no reason, or when a supernatural being's own desire is to screw with me.

Using the stock music player, and was playing the last song of the album. In the last 20 seconds another song from another album started to play over top of the other song. When the 1st song stopped playing, the music player indicated there was no other music playing. Using the volume rocker for the media volume didn't change the volume of the 2nd song! It didn't stop until I pulled down the notification bar.

I'm sure it was a minor eff up in the software. Anyone else have this happen?

And YES, I am aware of other music players out there, I just don't use enough to justify adding another app.

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

yes i have had this happen before and pulling down the notification bar seems to be the fix... dont worry this is rare unless you are using headphones with play/pause buttons like bluetooth then this can happen if you dont start it right

3. Colchicine

Ok, it just got weirder. I hadn't touched the phone in hours, and it spontaneously started playing music. Now the only thing I can think of is that I got a Facebook notification, just like last time. I have no idea why I'm getting Facebook notifications all of a sudden. When I got to it, it takes to me the mobile site and not the app.

4. Colchicine

Got it! It's the usual culprit... you go digging in menus, change a setting, and forget about it. Apparently I turned ON notifications for Facebook. Somehow it chose of of the songs I have on the SD card.