music player problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Spectrumpigg

Spectrumpigg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What's up dinc heads??!! (That's right, I coined that and take note!)

So I have a problem. Ever since I have gotten the update to 2.2 this morning, the music player has sucked. A lot of my music says unknown artists and when listening to music, it randomly pauses for like a milisecond or should I say skips. It's really annoying.

So I ask for any possible solutions or apps that are great media players.

Advertisement
  2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Cube ( the symbol is a superscripted 3 )

It is an AWESOME media player. One downfall is that it pulls from everywhere so if you have ringtones outside of the ringtone folder, itll bring those in to. But in all honesty, you should keep those in the ringtone folder anyway.

It has an amazing interface and TONS of plugins including a "Concert Search" for the artists you have in the player

3. Spectrumpigg

Is mixzing any good?

4. NoShftShck16

that name sounds really familiar and i'm pretty sure ive tried it. if i'm remembering correctly it is a very simple player. cube does everything mixzing does plus more cool stuff. its been the best one i've found and the smoothest.

i've tried tunewiki and meridian and didnt like them either.

5. NoShftShck16

6. ilinimud

ilinimud Well-Known Member

I am currntly using Mixzing and i really like it. It is better than all the others i have tried. I am d/ling "3" now to see how i like it.

7. bird jam

bird jam Well-Known Member

I've noticed the same problem. I was fine with the stock music player before froyo. Is there not a fix for this?

8. Spectrumpigg

So none of you other dinc heads not experiencing the music problem?

9. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

Do any of the alternate music players read music off the internal memory? I've got all my music on /emmc (gotta use it for something) and haven't found a player that will find them except for the stock player.

10. NoShftShck16

I believe all of them do

11. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Mixzing does, it had a descent widget, the free version is kind of annoying with its ads. plus it puts half of my artists in an unknown artist folder, so yea.!!

12. Spectrumpigg

Ever since the update, some of my music has no artists or unknown artist. I kinda figured out why. It's because the tracks that aren't mp3 have the problem. Anyone else notice this??

13. upatoi15

upatoi15 New Member

I also confirm I have had many issues with my music. Playing music from the sd card results in hissing, skipping, and many other annoyances. Also streaming from pandora and last.fm , sometimes the song will just skip to another song, very weird. Is this a software problem?

14. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

Same problem with the stock music player here.....skips, speeds up, skips....useless. I also am having a problem with the Sirius/XM app this morning (I updated to Froyo on Tuesday, it worked fine before that). The Sirius app keeps repeating the same thing over and over (about 1 minute of song, then repeats, stuck in loop). Weird.

15. bird jam

bird jam Well-Known Member

Hadn't noticed that, but that's interesting. I wonder if there is a way to fix it.

16. vscusack

vscusack New Member

I was having the same problem, replaying the same 25 ot 30 seconds over and over.

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it seems to be working properly now...

Why do I think many apps will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled to function properly. Should have done the clean wipe as suggested....

edit- never mind, Sirius/XM app still does not work properly after uninstall/reinstall. Sirius/XM website says app update that works with 2.2 will be coming soon. shoot me. No ESPN radio at work as football season kicks off.

17. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue with three different media players. All will play the song and skip and hiss in the middle. I've had the issue with Mixzing, bTunes and the stock player. My phone was basically broken by Froyo though so I chalked it up to that originally.

18. nfotiu

nfotiu Well-Known Member

Big problems with the stock music player for me. I use it with sporty pal when running, and it was unlistenable after running for about 20 minutes. Used to work great pre-froyo.

Haven't tried any other music players.

19. themorningstarr

themorningstarr Member

So glad you posted this because it was driving me crazy. Did the manual update with the zip last night and this morning I couldn't listen to my Hits 1. I uninstalled and reinstalled and, like you said, didn't help. Hope they do the update soon.

The only other music players I use are MSpot and Pandora. MSpot has been fine since the update but I haven't opened Pandora yet.

20. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member

I have this happening only with audiobooks using the stock Music player and Meridan. But, Astro player is playing the audio books perfectly. :confused:

21. trankster

Actually.... most of my audiobooks (mp3 format) now have this problem even with Astro player. I tried moving and playing a couple of audiobook files from internal memory and still have the same problem with uneven play, skipping and popping... For me, mp3 music plays fine. I hope this is fixed.

22. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

Mspot SUCKS b/c I have 50gigs of music and I am NOT paying for storage....mine as-well use my 80g-audio/video classic pod!!!!!

pandora is great better sound since update

now if mspot came w a 1time pay for storage perhaps

23. nfotiu

nfotiu Well-Known Member

Anyone figure out a way to fix the music player issues? Stock music player and Mixzing are both broken now.

24. trankster

No solution, but some music and audio books play fine while others skip, pop, speeds up etc. The problem audio files were loaded by syncing from Windows Media Player versus other files that were copied from my PC to the INC sd card seem to be okay.

25. plasmagirl

plasmagirl New Member

I'm having the same problem with the stock player as well as DoubleTwist. Skipping and I've also been having problems with cutting a song off before it's over and playing the next song. I'm eager to see if anyone has a solution to this problem.