Music Player QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do you rewind and fast forward with htc's sense music app? You would think that holding down either button would do it but it doesn't. I know you can click the scroll bar but it gets annoying when I want to skip say 10 seconds. Any ideas anyone?

Advertisement
  2. winstonoboogie

winstonoboogie Well-Known Member

I played with this as well. The scroll bar in the app is the only way to scan forward or backward. Doesn't work in the widget. I really liked the native HTC music player at first but this, along with a few other issues, pushed me away.

I bought MixZing and never looked back:

1.) Can scan FF/RW via holding the buttons down in the app (not the widget, though)
    2.) "Add to Now Playing" is a HUGE feature
    3.) Remembers what music was playing when you power down your phone. The HTC app forgets and defaults to the same playlist. Terribly annoying.
    4.) VIDEO PLAYER!
    5.) Album art tagging if you need it.
    6.) Upgraded to look for music on internal storage or SD.

I'm sure there are more, but as a music snob, I'm pretty happy with this player over the native HTC player.

3. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I like MixZing but the widgets for it really suck. Such a shame too.

4. winstonoboogie

winstonoboogie Well-Known Member

I guess it depends what you're looking for in a music widget. I'm pretty happy with album art, play/pause, forward/back functions. I guess I wish the MixZing lock-screen function worked a bit better, but that's about it.

What don't you like about the MixZing widgets?

5. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I want it to fit on the same screen as my Last.FM widget so that my main music apps are in one place. The small art widget is 2x2 and has just the album art, play, and skip. The text only widget is too plain and not any better than the stock widget.

Meridian has a nice 2x4 widget that includes artist, album, track, track number, play, skip, reverse, shuffle, and repeat. It's the best widget of the bunch that will scrobble what I'm listening to. Tried the stock, Cubed, MixZing, and Meridian.

I do miss the lock screen function that the stock player had though.