1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Music player questionSupport

1. bturrell

bturrell Member

I recently bought a Samsung YP-GS1 music player. While arranging my music on it, I moved some files from the SD card to the device's internal hard drive. Now the music shows up in the music player, but when I tap on it, it says that the file doesn't exist. I'm pretty sure it's because the filepath has changed. How do I get the player to recognize that the music location has changed?

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hey there bturrell!

I moved your thread here so others with your device can help out as I know little about it:)
    ScandaLeX likes this.
  3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Right now as we speak my music is in the cloud but I'm going to try to answer this as best I can.

When you transferred from external to internal, which folder did you put your music in? Sound or Music?

EDIT I just put a song on my card- it played. Then moved it internally- it played.
    By any chance have you restarted your phone?
  4. bturrell

bturrell Member

I put it in the music folder, and I have restarted my phone. It's just not making much sense to me.
  5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

There could be several reasons the player is not recognizing the move. Have you tried any other music apps from the play store? Many of us swear by Poweramp. Try the trial and let us know if it was able to find your internal music.

Also, may I ask why you stored your music internally?

Internal storage 99.9% of the time is used for apps while all media (music, pics, vids) go on the micro sd card.
  6. bturrell

bturrell Member

I'll give poweramp a try. I don't really use a lot of apps. I bought it to use strictly as a music player. I store music internally because that's the easiest way to get my truck stereo to recognize it. I store music on the SD card as well, I use both to maximize the storage. I appreciate your help.