Music player questions (which one do you use?)

Last Updated:

1. killtheaquitted

killtheaquitted Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. I have a few questions about music players on the hero and wanted to get everyone's thoughts. Since day 1, I have been basically using tunewiki as my default music player but I recently switched back to stock because of some nagging issues with tunewiki. 1. the widget is butt ugly and the buttons are super small 2. no integration with the lock screen 3. often doesn't play the next song after one ends when the screen is off. I loved tunewiki because it would pull album art and most of my music doesn't have it (arghh matey!) The stock music player (and tunewiki) play ALL of the mp3 audio stored in my phone. Why is this a problem you ask? Well, I have Frets of Fire installed (guitar hero clone) and the songs are separated into different tracks for the different instruments (drums, notes, etc.) So what happens is that I will be listening to a song from my library and then the next "song" will be just a drum track to one of the frets of fire songs. Two questions to everyone:

1. can you tell the music app to only play files from certain directories?

2. what is your favorite music player (with widget)?

Advertisement
  2. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member

I've been loving Mixzing (free in the Market). It doesn't allow for control through the lockscreen (unless I'm missing it), however, it is SUPER FAST, nice widget(s) (big and small), will pull album art, can "recommend songs" for playlists and allows you to pick which folders it reads for music.

Pretty much sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

3. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Mixzing is decent. It's the one I prefer at this time.

4. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

you can also put a ".nomedia" file in each Taps of Fire song directory, which will exclude the files in those folders from being seen by media players.

I also like Tunewiki, but have the same dislikes as you. Here's what I know though. I believe you can install an app called FlyScreen that integrates with Tunewiki to allow control from the lockscreen. Also, I read in Tunewiki's forums that they are working on making the buttons in the player and widget larger in the next update.