• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music player recommendations please

D

Deleted User

I know this is more down to personal taste but can someone recommend me a mp3 player that meets the following requirements:

*free
*folder structure browsing
*aesthetically pleasing simple large buttoned widget

I've been using mortplayer for a while, but I think it just looks a bit cheap and its slow to load up via the widget.

lol i was trying to buy it when it was in beta as it had a buy option and was gutted i couldnt lol
he deserves the pennies.
ive tried others since just to see if i was fooling myself but it seriously nothing compares.
i like the fact its easy to edit the tags of the mp3 you are playing if you notice its wrong or something is missing. suddenly the correct album art pops up :p

Upvote 0
Does Poweramp allow you to set up automatic playlists based on folders (which I believe is one of the OP's requirements)?

I use Astro Player Nova, for just that one reason: it creates playlists based on the folders you place the music into. No more hassle of adding tracks manually. Add new tracks, the playlists update automatically. Otherwise it's not a remarkable player, but gets the job done okay.

Upvote 0
lol i was trying to buy it when it was in beta as it had a buy option and was gutted i couldnt lol
he deserves the pennies.
ive tried others since just to see if i was fooling myself but it seriously nothing compares.
i like the fact its easy to edit the tags of the mp3 you are playing if you notice its wrong or something is missing. suddenly the correct album art pops up :p

I edited my music that had wrong albums art and its still using the wrong one. is there something im missing

Upvote 0
??

i find it the other way around personally
odd, if you watch the cpu readings when power amp is running its not using any more than 254mhz

probably got better in recent updates then as its drained in its early use (for me), I find WinAmp just about right, plenty of listenting time to and from the Pub :D

Besides its Free which is the main thing for me, I dont see the point in paying for something when there is already an App equally as good for free! (OK PowerAmp has more features but you get my drift)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones