• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music player sensitive to headphone jack motion

dennism

Lurker
Sep 27, 2009
I've experienced the following annoying issue while using my Galaxy as a music player:

Motion of the headphone jack (e.g. while walking with phone in pocket) can be sufficient to trigger events that shut down music player or cause it to skip tracks. This is a major usability issue.

I'd like to disable those events or somehow configure the music player to be insensitive to them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis

i looked at mine and it seems that it has something to do with the type of socket on your headphones.. today i tried my bulky Altec lansing headphones, no dramas, my mates ipod nano headphones, no dramas.. then i tried my sennheiser inner ear phones.. and the jack would not grip it correctly.. seems to have issues with headphones with bulky jacks.....
looking at the stock headphone jack, the jack is steped where as my sennheiser are not.. so its not seating properly.

hope that helps
Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones