Music player shuffle repeats songsSupport

Last Updated:

1. therompalace

therompalace Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but when I have my songs set to shuffle, the player will repeat a set of around 15-20 songs over and over again. I have about 300 songs on my device and I haven't even heard half of them. Is anyone having the same problem? How are people working around this?

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

rather than use party shuffle which is a bit naff
    go into songs then press menu and click shuffle all

3. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

party shuffle?

4. therompalace

i tried with and without party shuffle turned on, it still repeats the songs. Party shuffle just makes it repeat more frequently.

5. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

try what rasta said..

6. Russ Dill

Russ Dill Well-Known Member

I have seen that, I looked at the playlist and for some reason it had gone from all songs, to just a couple dozen for no apparent reason.

7. Rastaman-FB

it happens party shuffle is enabled then you click on playlist on a track and it shows you songs from that album or artist or genre. then when you come back out it will only party shuffle them rather than the full song list

i use my audio alot and if i do it the way i explained then its more random, you do some times get the same songs but its shuffle and its completely random

8. therompalace

Yeah, i guess it does help a little. But it's stupid that I have to go to songlist and click shuffle all - I should be able to do that from anywhere when I enable shuffle like iTunes/iPod. I mean we can at least expect this much from Google.

9. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely need a shuffle option from the player's main interface. That is huge gripe of mine as well.
    Though not because Mr Job's stuff happens to have that option, but because that is a normal music player option. ;)

10. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Tried a different media player (eg, Meridian)?

11. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

I just tried the ^3 (cubed) player, and that is perfect. It has the "shuffle" button right on the player, and it actually seems normally random. You can also click on the album art and select any song from the album or you can swipe up/down or left/right on the album art to go to the next/previous album or the next/previous letter in the alphabet (which is the artist name alphabetical list).

... that's about perfect ... imagine that, normal features ;)

BTW, I didn't mean to post on this thread and bring it back up. I thought I was posting on a music thread in the Incredible forum ... lol

12. metal23

metal23 Member

Could anybdy plz help me with the prob of irritating music player..its so annoyin tat if i am keeping my phone on silent mode in office, i have to make sure the MEDIA VOLUME is kept "zero"..as without doin anythng the music player starts and bang..u hav to unlock the phone and open the music plauyer and stoppp it..such a annoyance...
    i jus thnk its sm sort of bug and ppl mite have reported it over and over again...
    was jus checkin whehter anybdy has found sm solution to it ?

13. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I think some people deleted the Music app and used another one.

It happened to me twice, so I decided to always put the media on silent, except when I use it. You could try using a volume widget, I'm sure they exist.

14. Rastaman-FB

you are using galax0 1.6.3.x
    try reading the many posts regarding this issue.

contrary to belief the only way to work around this problem is to get an audio widget and turn down media volume for speaker. you still need to check if its randomly started playing though or youll suddenly lose battery quicker.

ive tried every media player there is and deleted the default music player and it still does it with those players
    worst thing is that once youve deleted the default music apk the only way to get it back is to re flash galaxo in full as pushing it back to the location doesnt work.

deleting the music.apk only works if you dont want music at all and have no intention of installing a different media player

15. metal23

metal23 Member

well yss m using galaxo 1.6.3.1 as if now...
    there isnt seem to b any perfect solution to tat out of blue starting music player prob..even i agree installin other music player wont help...
    i hav noticed though...if i plug in or out the 3.5 jack the prbablty of starting music player is more...is it some sort of bug ?

16. Rastaman-FB

please go to drakaz site and read the support forums.

metal23 likes this.
  17. metal23

metal23 Member

k..ill do tat...

18. Yathushan

Yathushan Well-Known Member

Use Doubletwist player. It looks really good and it has USB auto mount which is really amazing!!