• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music player skipping songs and no longer supporting audio files

Sakra

Lurker
Jul 7, 2014
I got my phone second hand about 4 months ago, and it worked great until recently my music players starting acting up, skipping songs and pausing like 5-10 seconds before going on to the next song, but when I woke up this morning, and tried to turn on my work out playlist it went through the better part of my music with a notification that said 'sorry, the player dose not support this type of audio file' this are all songs have been playing up to this point, until it would play one song then do the same thing over again.

When i checked later, out of 200 songs maybe 30 play, all my music is MP3's, this is strange because its only affecting my music, all audio books and fics (also MP3's) i have on the phone all work without a hitch.... Help please!

I've tried taking all the songs off and putting them back on, (individually and seeing if they each worked (no) and as a set)

tried moving all the songs to my download folder with my audio books and fics

tried clearing the cache

put all the music on a SD card and still the same results,80-85% of my music not working:thinking::thinking:

guess that answers my question. So im wondering if the playlists are stored in a file where the apps folder is im assuming in the internal sd. See if you can do the old copy and paste of playlist to the vlc player. maybe you can copy or move to the vlc players folder if the file type is the same it just might recognize it by default

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones