• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music player skipping songs

hello yall, i apologize if ive started a redundant thread, the recommended ones seemed to not apply to my issue. i am a noob in the sense that this is my first post, though i have been surfing these forums for years and have got tons of knowledge from you all. ok on to the point; i am running a rooted lg marquee on boost, gb version 2.3.4, stock rom, go launcher. I was using the stock music player and it worked great then it began to randomly skip songs, on some songs it will play 2 seconds then jump to the next song, though it still says the total time of the track. i tried to play the songs on my pc they play fine, and so i downloaded google play music and it will play the tracks that get skipped on stock player, however in will not show the elapsed time of the tracks, nor can i slide to a particular point in the song, also if i browse to the file with root browser and long press the tracks the popout player plays them fine. i have googled till i was blue in the face to little avail, i have uncovered ppl with similar issues on iphone/ipod but they too seem baffled.i also reformatted my sd card and put the music back on it to no avail. yes i tried to clear data and cache on the music app, also to no avail. this is a very annoying, yet somewhat petty issue that has had me pulling my hair out the last 3 days. Aaaaaa... any help or ideas would be much appriciated.:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones