• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Player 'skipping'

deman89

Jan 30, 2010
Music player often skips, I can watch the bar go "15 seconds" "19 seconds"
"22 seconds" "27 seconds" etc... When I try to change songs the app just shows the album art spinning around. Then I exit (or force close the app) it sometimes starts up on its own?

I've been having similar problems although it only happens when I receive a text message has anyone else experienced this skipping? If this is a multi tasking phone i think it should be able to handle listening to music and getting texts/texting/posting in forums at the same time (which lags as I am typing this on my eris and listening to a song). Its almost impossible to type at full speed because of the phone lagging and thinking I typed something else. Can anyone sympathize with this?

Upvote 0
It is absolutely happening to me. I have been talking with HTC to work it out and after weeks of BS I have figured it out on my own. They kept blaming apps that I have downloaded so I deleted all my apps and tried to troubleshoot which one caused the problem. Lame! Waste of my time. Then I did a hard reset because that was the only other solution they offered me. No luck. Then I tried a different AUX cored and it did not skip the music or have a life of it's own at all. I tried everything to make the problem happen and it wouldn't. So I guess we all have to buy really nice cords or headphones to get it to work!

Upvote 0
I have this same problem when I hook my eris up to my car radio with an aux cable. Its a nice gold cable too, but still skips. It skips bad when I receive a text or a new email, it will sometimes stop the song for like 2 to 3 seconds and then resume playing. And it skips in the middle of songs sometimes even if I don't receive a message. I always use advance task killer to kill all my apps before using my media player and it still skips, wtf??

Upvote 0
I was having this issue but then all in the sudden it stopped. I don't know if it was because i was using blue tooth headphones, was running os 1.5 or running advanced task mamanger. But once i rooted and upgraded to 2.1 i quit using ATM and started using wired headphones, the same ones i had plugged into the blue tooth receiver and the skipping was gone. Also i noticed the problem didnt happen with other music players such as tunewiki or btunes. I really like btunes i just wish it had decent lock screen controls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones