Music player slow when you have a ton of songs?Support

Last Updated:

1. dbrasco

dbrasco New Member This Topic's Starter

I hope this hasn't been answered anywhere else (I did search! I promise). Is anyone experiencing very slow load times when clicking to show Artists or Songs in the default music player? I have about 1800 songs, and when I click on either Artist, Album, or Song, it takes like 10 seconds to think about it and then finally pulls them up. They are stored on my 16GB SDHC card (Class 4). Any ideas or is it something I'll have to live with?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

Im guessing that this is because you have just loaded 1800 songs and the music player has to arrange everything.

I'd bet that it will be smooth as silk in a bit.

;)

3. DataSchmuck

DataSchmuck Active Member

I have about 3600 songs on a 16GB card. The regular droid media player would take a good 30 seconds anytime I selected artist/album/genre. It does it EVERY time, not just the first time I loaded them on. I've had them on there for almost two weeks now. Even if I select an album, and play it, and come back to the library again, it still reloads everything all over again. Waiting 30 seconds everytime I wanted to choose a new album or song was unacceptable, so I looked for alternatives.

bTunes is the answer. The first time it loaded my library it took a good minute, but after that it's practically instant. Loading songs is instant. Loading an album is instant. Loading artists is instant. Playing is instant. If I click shuffle all with a good 1000-2000 songs, it will take a few seconds to load them, but that's understandable. At least I can browse my library without waiting. It also does a quick scan when you start the player after a reboot, but its only 5-10 seconds, and after that its good till the next reboot. I also think I sped up the scan time by selecting a specific directory on my card where the music is, so it doesn't scan though every file/folder.

Unfortunately, it's not free. But well worth it in my opinion.

dbrasco likes this.
  4. dbrasco

dbrasco New Member This Topic's Starter

That's exactly what is happening to me. I should have mentioned that in my first post... It takes 10-15 seconds EVERY time I try to pull up the artists, songs, etc.

I will give bTunes a try, sounds like just what I need. Thanks!

5. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

Plus if you are used to an iPod Touch and like the way it works, bTunes will seem very familiar.

6. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

at least its not like my dare or env touch and have to take 30 min to laod all the songs every few days

7. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with the slow as hell music app loading songs every time...I only have like 1000 songs...not even...lame...should i get btunes? Does it have a widget? I will check it out...hopefully froyo fixes this issue?????

EDIT: Why is it SO slow hahaha should it not just cahce your music list so it does not load forever...on Moto Droid I NEVER had this issue and it is real annoying

8. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Basically you can download any music player in the market place and it will fix this issue. I have gone through about 6 different music players and they all load near instantly. Just find one you like and stick with it. All the ones that I have tried so far have been free and work great.

9. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply...yeah I ended up with mixzing :) what are you running?