• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music player that can shuffle albums?

I've tried out a few different music players, cubed, mixzing and the stock music player and I can't seem to figure out if there is any way for the apps to just mix up the order of my albums and play them like that. The shuffle features just mix up all the songs from all the albums, but I want to listen to a whole album at a time, just don't want to pick the order the albums come up in if that makes sense.

Is there a way to do this with any music players?

I have also, for a long time, been looking for a "shuffle by album" android player. Last week I searched again and found a winner.
GoneMAD Music Player has a "Play random album" feature; to activate it go to [Preferences--Now Playing--Shuffle Long Press Action] and select "Play Random Album".
To make it continue to play random albums, go to [Preferences--Queue--On Queue Completion] and select "Play Random Album".
Then go to the Now Playing screen, touch and hold the shuffle button at the bottom. Your results will be all-but-indistinguishable from Apple's "Shuffle By Album" on the iPod.
GoneMAD comes with a 14-day free trial, which I'm going to run out and then I'll probably pay the $3.99 to keep it. As far as I can tell, it's currently the only Android player that does anything like this. It also plays a wide variety of file types besides .mp3, including FLAC and OGG.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones