Music Player uses external speaker while headphones are plugged in !? Captivate

Last Updated:

1. Tripulsiks

Tripulsiks Member This Topic's Starter

My captivate external speaker plays music while I'm listening to the headphones, am i missing a setting to turn this off? Shouldn't the phone's external speaker NOT be playing music while I'm using my headphones? Sometimes the external speaker will remain silent while my headphones are working (as i would imagine should be the case) until i receive a text message, and then the external speaker will play music along with the headphones. Anyone think this could be a problem with my device? My 30 day period expires on Sept.5 so i am wondering if i should return it for an exchange? Any insight would be appreciated, thank you :)

Advertisement
  2. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

You have a 1 year warranty, so the 30 day should not apply.

Are you using the headphones that came with the unit? Try a different set to rule out the plug alignment. If nothing works, take it back - no reason to wait. Music should come through headphones when they are plugged in, but some headphones are the culprit sometimes.

3. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member

have you flashed any new roms? i've heard of this happening w/ one of the euro roms people are using.

4. Tripulsiks

No alternate roms, phone pretty much stock

5. Tripulsiks

Returned it, Samsung admitted to this being faulty. New Captivate works great :)