Music Player WeirdnessSupport

Last Updated:

1. TMack

TMack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone else have problems with the music player ordering your songs in alphabetical order instead of in the order they appear on the original album? I've never had this problem with iTunes or iPhone, but with Droid X, all of my MP3 albums are ordered in this way. (FYI, the issue is the same if it's an actual MP3 or AAC format.) Very strange.

Any thoughts or fixes?

Advertisement
  2. Droid Samurai

Droid Samurai Well-Known Member

Yup I got that too, what I did was rename track titles by adding numbers "01. name here", "02. name here", etc. Pain in the rear if you have tons of music but it works.

3. dangerboy56

dangerboy56 New Member

You can play the songs in the order they are listed on the album by holding down on the album title in the main menu. A popup menu will show. Pressing play will play the whole album with songs in the correct order.

If you go into file manager, you will see that the file names for the songs are numbered in the correct order. Not sure why they chose to show the playlist songs in alphabetical order?

4. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

what are you guys using to sync ur songs over from itunes

5. TMack

TMack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow! You are absolutely correct. But it's a very strange way to organize music. I have various portable music players (iPod, MP3, etc.) and have never seen this. Very strange, but I guess I can live with it.

Are there third party music players available for DX that don't have this issue?

6. mrdeadhead

mrdeadhead Active Member

hmmm that's odd... my phone (Droid) doesn't seem to do that, but that may be a 2.2 fix (i can't remember if it happened before)... i wonder if it's something to do with the meta data on the tracks... do you have all the track numbers filled in on your computer? maybe that has something to do with it?

though i guess if it isn't causing any real problems it's not a huge issue?