music player with android

Last Updated:

1. jdizzlefoshizzle

jdizzlefoshizzle New Member This Topic's Starter

this has probably been asked a million times, but im tired from a long day and don't look like going through all the posts to find an answer. Has anyone made a android media player modeling the ipod touch? As nice as a new tegra 2 phone would be I don't feel like dishing out 15 a month for At&t's crappy tiered plan. Here are some of the specs i am looking for, 1Ghz processor, wifi capablity, android os 2.1 or 2.2, 3.7 to 4 inch touchscreen, 3.5 mm headphone jack, camera (or not, i'd just be nice to have it just in case), and about 32 gb of storage. Has anyone seen anything like this floating around? Btw i live in the US so id rather not get a model from China. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Knowing which carrier you are on would help, but there are multiple phones out there that fit what you are looking for.

Most of the latest phones will have a 1 Ghz processor, Wifi, 2.1 or 2.2, camera, 3.5 jack and 3.7" or 4" screen. The amount of storage the phone has is really up to you though. Most will come with a 16 Gb card, but 32 Gb cards are available just about everywhere.

Verizon: Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Incredible and Fascinate
    Sprint: Evo and Epic
    At&t: Captivate
    T-mobile: Vibrant and MyTouch 4G

The only way to get any of these and treat them as a wifi only device is to buy them off contract though as any carrier will make you have a data plan these days.

3. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Samsung is coming out with an MP3 player that runs android that looks to be an android phone without the phone/mobile data. Looks pretty nice, although I am admittedly pretty anti-Samsung :/

4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yeah.. i know what you mean...

tired...
    too tired to answer