Music player won't shut off.Support

Last Updated:

1. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to close out of my music player, the only way to fully shut it off is to go into the task manager and close it out there. Does anyone know of another way to do this?

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Pause it in fullscreen mode and then back/exit out

3. lqdcrystal

lqdcrystal Member

Make sure you still go to Task Manager to close the app otherwise it will add to you battery drain.

saps likes this.
  4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Nice point

II Kings 9:20 likes this.
  5. ziva

ziva New Member

The only music I have in my phone is ringtones yet the songs will start playing even though I'm not playing music. How can I get rid of this, it's zapping my battery.

6. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Really, is that the only way to stop it? That sucks. Should be an exit button in the menu. That's just crazy! So pausing and backing out just leaves it running with a song paused! I can see why backing out wouldn't close it as you might want the music in the background. Is there another music player we can download that is better and will close from a menu button?.

7. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

Yeah it does suck but I must admit compared to any other music player online, this is by far the best one i've seen. Mixzing kind of sucks.

8. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member

Great Saps, I have been trying to figure this out. Pause in FULL SCREEN then back/exit works as you say. If you pause in small screen,music stays in the task bar running in the background in pause mode. Would be more intuitive if there were a simple exit like in the Navigation (which my D1 did not have as an easy access like the SF). I like the way if you hit the back buttion in nav, it simply warns you it will exit and voila- Music player should be this self explanatory. Oh well, nothing is perfect but like a Lexus, this SF is pretty close.

9. Rubberdude88

Rubberdude88 Member

This does not work. I just purchased a Motorola T505 bluetooth FM transmitter for the car and if I am listening to music from the phone through the transmitter and then leave the car, when I come back to the car I have to shut the phone down, re-pair to the T505 and then start the music player app back up. The only solution that I have found is to kill the task before leaving the car. Backing out does NOT exit the music player. It is still running in the background paused. Need to be able to exit!!! Anyone find a music player that has an actual exit button?

10. johnan2112

johnan2112 Active Member

The default music player is annoying. I started using Winamp instead and backing out of the app does actually exit the player like you think it would.

11. steelheadcrazy

steelheadcrazy Active Member

I hate the fact that my zedge ring tones play in my music list, how stupid, unless I can put them somewhere else that is just annoying, I miss my blackberry more and more every day :(