1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Music Player

Last Updated:

1. masternipper

masternipper New Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone tell me how to convert my m4a files into mp3? I am using an IMAC which is becoming a major problem in syncing with my Droid X.

Additionally, I am using DoubleTwist and am finding several bugs. Does anyone recommend a different music player? B Tunes? I need to convert the files into mp3 as it appears that Droid X only can read mp3 files and can not read AAC files.

Please help--quite frustrated.

Advertisement
  2. sheepforwheat

sheepforwheat Well-Known Member

I think that within itunes you can right click on a song and and say "create mp3 version"

3. Benclayton

Benclayton Active Member

Make sure that in the iTunes import settings, you have it set to MP3 rather than AAC, because then all you'll see when you right click a track is "Create AAC version."

4. lunchboxdc

lunchboxdc New Member

The only app I've seen so far that reads aac tags correctly is mixzing. Even though btunes has an option to use an alternate tag reader, it didn't work. Mixzing has a free version if you want to just try it out.

Might I suggest converting to ogg vorbis which android will most definitely correctly recognize the tags of. I switched a few if my aac albums so far and btunes now recognizes the tags correctly. On another note, I have an ear for poorly encoded audio and I've always been a fan of the quality you got with such a small file size when using aac. I can say that ogg vorbis performs just as well. My resulting ogg files are actually slightly smaller than the original aac files and they sound spectacular. I think I did about a 4 on the ogg encoder. PLUS...ogg is the only format that android performs gapless playback with and it does it quite nicely.

I know, sounds like I'm a vorbis salesman or something. I'm not, I'm just an audiophile and exited about perfecting my DX's media playback capabilities.