• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bsutton1

Android Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Is their any better music player on the android market other than the default one on Eris? It's not too bad but I have problem editing stuff. Like it will put songs from one artist album in multiple folders and I don't want that.

Also, is their any other free music download app besides I Music?

There are a couple of other music download apps. I have not tried any of them, but I have seen MP3 Search FE is free and there is a paid version, MP3 Search Pro. There is also a free Music Online Lite and paid Music Online.

If you are having trouble with editing there are several apps out there that will edit MP3 tags for you. Tag, Mp3tagger Pro, the free version Mp3tagger and iTag should allow you to edit the tags on any mp3 right from the phone. You could also use Album Art Grabber or Album Cover/Art Finder to just add/replace the cover art. The easy method is to just hook the phone up to the computer and edit the tags manually. It is time consuming, but if you are very anal about your music library (I know I am) then it is the best method.

As for other players, the best one that I have seen (don't use it though) is TuneWiki. I have also read that others like MixZing Music Player and Rock'n'droiD Lite

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones